Had is used to explain action completed in the past tense.
Formation of this sentence is as;
- Subject + had + past participle of verb + other words.
Here are some examples.
Have a look-
- I had arranged all the beads in a garland.
- He had stood in front of her in the meeting.
- The inhabitants had appeared to me.
- I had already told them about this issue.
- You had told me that the theatre was full.
- We had gone the wrong way.
- She had forgotten to bring her lunch.
- They had paid too much for a single room in that hotel.
- A clutter of cats had scared a snake on the ground.
- While working as a principal of a school, I had set some rules for the students.
- We had visited our grandma last year’s vacation.
- They had rented a car to visit a castle that is on a mountain.
- A cat had caught four rats a day.
- You had bought dinner for us.
- All teachers had watched our performance.
- He had flown to Britain.
- I had competed in the English words competition.
- We had done laundry last night.
- My friends had waited for me to watch a movie.
- The maid had cleaned the courtyard in front of our house.
- His brother had taught him a lesson in English.
- He had got a raise every year.
- Yesterday morning, he had jumped from a bar.
- Last night, I had gone to bed early.
- She had lost all her money to cure the illness of her husband.
- She had fed my kids.
- He had worked at an architectural firm for two years.
- You had sustained all the pains.
- She had kept me waiting for an hour.
- I had started my business from my home.